You probably know your birth month, date and year -- but do you know the day of the week? Find out fast and easy below. Why might this be of interest? Aside from having the satisfaction of just knowing, consider this version (there are many) of an old adage.
After you determine your day-of-the-week birth, you may want to consider some astrological comments below about the significance of the days of each week.
On what day of the week were you born?
Enter your birthday (then hit the "Update" button):
[Finish this page and then visit this interesting link: Calculate Your EXACT Age]
Days Named for the Heavenly Bodies (Planets)
The seven days of the week are named for the Sun, Moon, and five of the major planets.
- Sunday = Sun (a star)
- Monday = Moon (satellite of Earth)
- Tuesday = Mars (or Tiew - -Nordic name for Mars)
- Wednesday = Mercury (or Woden -- Nordic name for Mercury)
- Thursday = Jupiter (or Thor -- Nordic name for Jupiter)
- Friday = Venus (or Freya -- Nodic name for Venus)
- Saturday = Saturn (Satur[n]day)
Traditional astrological lore seems to suggest that persons born on days of the week "ruled" by a particular heavenly body (planet) may have some innate characteristics of that "ruler" regardless of whatever may be their Sun-Sign. Some plus and/or minus keywords would include:
- Sunday's child ("ruled" by the Sun) -- Creative, bold, noble, proud, outgoing and/or vain, self-centered, boastful, loud, overbearing
- Monday's child ("ruled" by the Moon) -- Impressionable, kind, adaptable, modest, motherly and/or possessive, smothering, maudlin, super-sensitive, inconstant
- Tuesday's child ("ruled" by Mars) -- Courageous, leader, constructive, brave, pioneer and/or hot-tempered, impatient, pushy, destructive, explosive
- Wednesday's child ("ruled" by Mercury) -- Mental, communicative, versatile, quick, logical and/or gossipy, duplistic, unreliable, chatterbox, careless
- Thursday's child ("ruled" by Jupiter) -- Honorable, expansive, generous, jovial, philosophical and/or extravagant, conceited, hypocritical, sharp-tongued, fanatical
- Friday's child ("ruled" by Venus) -- Affectionate, sympathetic, caring, social, artistic and/or seductive, over-sexed, vain, vulgar, lazy
- Saturday's child ("ruled" by Saturn) -- Wise, professional, subdued, dedicated, practical and/or morose, suspicious, complaining, jealous, timid
* Horoscope Services * Site Map * What's Your Sex Drive? * Feature Articles * Short Articles * Elbert Wade's Notebook
* Bad Astrology * Find Your Ascendant * Unbottle Secret Genies * Astrological Satire * About Elbert Wade * Find Exact Age
* Read-a-Horoscope Tutorial * Sex and Age * Choosing a Mate * Free Horoscope * Phony Psychics * Notes * Feedback
* Keyboard Astrology * Your Luck Potential * You -- Introvert or Extrovert? * Astro Turn-Ons/Turn-Offs * Horoscope(s) Order Page * Born on the Cusp? * You -- Leader or Follower? * Horoscope Facts, Figures and Symbols * Why Accurate Birth Time is Important * Contact Elbert * Sun, Moon, Planets details * Plan Perfect Party with Astrology * Moon's North Node
* Astrological Vital Signs * About Horoscope Aspects * Astro Q & A * Discover Your Financial/Money Potential
Learn more about all 12 rising signs and their decans -- Ari Tau Gem Can Leo Vir Lib Sco Sag Cap Aqu Pis